Because you can use a single email address to reach everyone at once, it’s easy to send messages, send calendar invitations, and share documents with your entire team. Here are some of the top ways to use Groups with other Google Workspace products to collaborate better.
In this section, you learn how to:
- In Gmail, on the left, click Compose .
- Next to To, instead of adding each team member’s email address to your email, just enter the group’s email address.
- Go to Google Calendar.
- Create an event.
- On the Guests tab, go to Add guests and add a Google Group's mailing list.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to notify guests.
You can share a Google file with a group—like an online document, spreadsheet, or presentation.
- Create a file in Google Drive, or open an existing document.
- In the file, click Share.
- In the Invite people field, enter the group's address.
- Select the level of access you want to provide the group: Can edit, Can comment, or Can view.
- Click Done.
You can also share other types of content. To learn more, visit Share content with a group.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.