When you're sending a file, you can add attachments in Gmail up to 25 MB—but what if you have larger files such as videos? Save these large files in Google Drive, then insert a link to the Drive or shared drive file in your email.
Note: If your recipients don’t have viewing permissions for the file, you can grant them access in Gmail before sending.
When you receive a file in Gmail, you can save a copy to Google Drive.
Insert Drive files in your Gmail messages
- In Gmail, click Compose.
- In the Compose toolbar, click Drive and choose your file.
- Click Insert.
- When your message is ready, click Send.
Save a copy of Gmail attachments to Drive
- In Gmail, open the message with the attachment you’d like to save.
- Hover over the attachment and click Save to Drive .
- Choose your folder or create a new one, and click Move here.