Chrome Browser only, microphones required
Add text, edit, and format documents by speaking in Google Docs. Anything you say turns into text.
Speak in a document
- Make sure that you have a working microphone built in to your device or connected externally.
- In Chrome Browser, choose an option:
- Place your cursor where you want the text.
- Click ToolsVoice typing.
- Click Speak and speak your text.
Speak clearly and at a normal volume and pace, noting any punctuation, spacing, or formatting, such as comma, new paragraph, or bold. You can even say words for images, such as smiley face.
- When you're finished, click Speak .
For a list of all voice commands, supported languages, and troubleshooting, see Type with your voice.