Now that you have a spreadsheet open, you can start working in it. Sheets automatically saves every change you make.
In this section, you learn how to:
|Rename your spreadsheet: Click Untitled spreadsheet and enter a new name.|
|Enter text or data: Click a cell and enter text.|
|Insert more items: Click Insert and add charts, images, drawings, functions, notes, and more.|
Note: You can also add a function to a cell by typing =. To see which functions are available, see the Google spreadsheets function list.
Select cells in your spreadsheet and then format them using the toolbar options.
|Undo or redo your last changes or print your spreadsheet.|
|Copy formatting from any text and apply it to another selection of text.|
|Format your data as currency or a percentage, change decimal places, and more.|
|Arial | 10||Change font or font size.|
|Make text bold or in italics, strikethrough text, or change the text color.|
|Add or change the color of cells.|
|Add or edit cell borders.|
|Change the text alignment, how text wraps, or rotate text.|
|Insert links, comments, or charts.|
|Filter your data.|
Add rows, columns, and cells:
- Select the row, column, or cell near where you want to add your new entry.
- Right-click the highlighted row, column, or cellInsertchoose where to insert the new entry.
Delete, clear, or hide rows and columns: Right-click the row number or column letterDelete, Clear, or Hide.
Delete cells: Select the cells and right-clickDelete cellsShift left or Shift up.
Move rows or columns: Select the row number or column letter and drag it to a new location.
- Select the cells.
- Point your cursor to the top of the selected cells until a hand appears.
- Drag the cells to a new location.
Group rows or columns:
- Select the rows or columns.
- Click DataGroup rows or Group columns.
Freeze header rows and columns: Keep a row or column in the same place as you scroll through your spreadsheet. On the menu bar, click ViewFreeze and choose an option.
Add a sheet:
- At the bottom of your spreadsheet, click Add sheet to add another sheet.
Delete or copy a sheet:
- Open the sheet.
- At the bottom of your spreadsheet, on the sheet’s tab, click the Down arrow .
- Select Delete or Duplicate.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.