You can present your entire screen or a specific window in a meeting to share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and more.
- Train new employees remotely.
- Get clients up to speed with project ideas.
- Hold virtual conferences or classes.
- Share your meeting notes, projects, roadmaps, and research with international stakeholders.
- Brainstorm and edit proposals with remote team members.
Present during a meeting
- Join a Meet video meeting.
- At the bottom, click Present now .
- Select Your entire screen, A window, or A tab.
- If you present a Chrome tab, it shares that tab's audio by default.
- To present a different tab, select the tab you want to present, click Share this tab instead.
- Click Share.
- Optional: To unpin your presentation and view it as a tile, click Unpin . You can now see more participants while you present.
- If your camera is turned on, your video is active while you're presenting.
- For better presentations and to prevent mirroring, share a new window or a specific tab instead of the meeting window.
- To share your audio, you must select Share a Chrome tab or Share this tab.
- In the Meet window, click Stop Presenting.
- At the bottom right, click You are presenting Stop presenting.
Present if someone else is already presenting
- At the bottom, click Present now.
- Select Your entire screen, A window, or Chrome Tab.
- Select Present instead.
- Join a Google Meet video meeting.
- Open a file in Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- At the top, click Meet .
- Choose an option:
- To present to a scheduled meeting, click the meeting name you want to join.
- To present to a meeting with a meeting code, click Use a meeting code, then enter a code.
- Click Just present this tab.
- Important: If you don't already have a meeting open and you click Just present this tab, you will present your file but won't be able to view the Google Meet video meeting in the file tab. To view your document, spreadsheet, or presentation and the Google Meet video meeting in one tab while you present, follow the steps to join a video meeting from Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- Select the tab you are in.
- To share a tab, click Share.
- Important: When you present a tab from your document, spreadsheet, or presentation, you can’t change which tab you present. To switch between tabs while you present, you can present from Google Meet instead.
- Back in Meet, view your presented content directly in the meeting.
Join only to present
- Go to https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the scheduled meeting, or click Join or start a Meeting.
- Enter a meeting code.
- Click Present.
- Select a window or application.
- Select Share.
To turn screen share on or off:
- Join a Meet video meeting.
- At the bottom right, click Host controls .
- From the side panel that opens, toggle Share their screen on or off.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.