If a file won’t open, a few things could be wrong:
- You don’t have permission to view the file.
- You're signed in to a Google Account that doesn’t have access.
- The correct app isn’t installed on your phone.
- Open the file.
- The "Request access" page will open.
- Tap Send .
- The owner of the file will get an email with your request. If they approve your request, you'll get an email.
Tip: If you need access right away, contact the owner of the file and ask them to give you access.
Try a different Google Account
If you have more than one Google Account, see if you have access to the file with a different account.
To sign in to another account:
Get more help
If you still can’t open a file or folder, check out the answers in the Google Drive forum.