You can start a live Q&A session in your Google Slides presentation and present questions at any time. Viewers can ask questions from any device.
Start a Q&A session
Accept audience questions
- Open a Google Slides presentation.
- At the top, next to Slideshow , click the Down arrow .
- Click Presenter View.
- In the new window, click Audience tools.
- To start a new session, click Start new.
- To resume a recent session, click Continue recent.
- To end Q&A, click the on/off switch in the Q&A window.
- Tip: Even if you don't turn off Q&A, the Q&A view closes shortly after you end your Google Slide presentation.
Tip: If you use Google through your work, school, or other organizations, you can choose who can submit questions:
- In the "Presenter view" window, click Audience tools and change "Accepting questions from…"
Show audience questions
Presenters can display audience questions in a presentation:
- Under "Audience Tools," find a question to display.
- Click Present.
- To change the question, find a different question and click Present.
- To hide the question, click Hide.
Review recent sessions
Presenters can see questions from recent Q&A sessions:
- Open a Slides presentation.
- At top, click Tools Q&A history.
- Recent sessions appear on the right.
Ask a question
Audience members can ask questions in a presentation:
- Go to the link at the top of the presentation.
- Click Ask a question… and type a question.
- Audience members can optionally check the box "Ask anonymously."
- Click Submit.
Vote on questions
Audience members can vote on the questions to be answered:
- Go to the Q&A link shown on the slide.
- Below the question you'd like to vote on, click Up vote or Down vote .