To provide a comprehensive and consolidated view of your Audiences and make audience management and optimization simpler, you’ll see the following improvements in Google Ads:
- New audience reporting
Detailed reporting about audience demographics, segments, and exclusions is now consolidated in one place, the “Audiences” tab within the left page navigation menu. You can also easily manage your Audiences from this report page. Learn more about Audience reporting
- New terms
We’re using new terms on your audience report and throughout Google Ads. For example, “audience types” (these include similar, custom, in-market, and affinity) are now referred to as audience segments and “remarketing” is now referred to as “your data”. Learn more about the updates to Audience terms and phrases
In addition to reaching specific segments with your ads, you can exclude unrelated, and therefore unprofitable, segments. By reaching only the segments that are relevant to your business, you can help reduce your costs and increase the likelihood that your ad will attract clicks and conversions.
This article shows you how to exclude specific segments if they're not a good match for what you're advertising.
How it works
Just as you can improve your keyword segment by excluding specific keywords, you can remove specific types of segments (for example, affinity or your data) from your campaign or ad group if they're not a good match for what you're advertising. You can exclude specific segments from Search, Display, Discovery, and Video campaigns.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the Audiences tab in the left page menu.
- In the “Exclusions” module, you’ll see a list of excluded segments, with type, where the segment is excluded from, and the level of the exclusion.
- To remove exclusions, click the checkbox to the right of the excluded segment and then click Remove in the blue menu bar.
- To edit exclusions, click Edit Exclusions.
- Select Campaign or Ad group in the drop-down menu under “Exclude from”.
- Click the checkbox beside any segments you want to exclude. Remove any connected segments you want to exclude by clicking the beside them.
- Click Save Audience Segment Exclusions.