From Manual CPC bidding to a number of automated bid strategies, Google Ads offers many different ways for you to set your bids. Each is designed to help you achieve a specific business goal. In some cases, your goals may change, and you’ll need to update your bid strategy to match.
This article explains how to change your campaign's bid strategy. The instructions in this article apply to Search, Display, and Shopping campaigns.
Before you begin
If you’re not yet familiar with the different ways to bid, learn how to Determine a bid strategy based on your goals.
How to edit your campaign bid strategy
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Select the campaign you want to edit.
- Click Settings in the page menu for this campaign.
- Open Bidding and then click Change bid strategy.
- Select your new bid strategy from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.