Similar audiences targeting allows you to show ads to people who share characteristics with people on your existing remarketing lists. This article explains how to add this type of targeting to your campaigns.
Before you begin
Similar audience targeting is available for the Display Network, the Search Network, YouTube, Gmail, App, and Discovery ads. To learn more about where these lists come from, read about similar audiences on the Display Network and about similar audiences for Search.
For all campaigns:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the navigation bar on the left, click on any campaign or the name of the specific campaign you are adding targeting to.
- From the page menu to the right of the navigation bar, click Audiences.
- Click the pencil icon .
- The "Edit audiences" section will appear. In that section, click Select an ad group or the pencil icon next to it.
- In the "All audiences" box, click Remarketing and similar audiences and then on the type of your list. Browse and select the lists you wish to target.
- You can expand similar audience sections to make this easier.
- Click Save.
Setting an audience bid or bid adjustment
You can get higher return on investment and increase the chances to show your ads to the likeliest buyers by using smart bidding: tCPA or tROAS. Keep in mind that target ROAS is available only for Search, Display, and Shopping campaigns. Learn more about Smart Bidding