In order to pay for your advertising costs, you need a payments profile. This profile was automatically created when you created your Google Ads account, but it can be edited at any time. The profile contains all of the key pieces of information, which control billing and payments for your Google Ads account. These include:
- Who pays: The name and address of the person or company legally responsible for account costs.
- What you pay with: Stored payment methods used to pay for advertising costs.
- Tax information: The tax status, country, and ID associated with your account.
- Contacts: The names and contact information for people who are associated with the profile.
- Document language preference: In some countries, you may select a language for your billing and payments documents. Where selection is unavailable, the default language will be the official language of the billing country.
A payments account is a subset of the payments profile, which organizes the current settings being applied to your Google Ads billing and payments activity. You will also see this referred to as an “invoice setup” or "billing setup." This setting is applicable to customers on monthly invoicing only. If your account is on monthly invoicing, you can change your payments account by navigating to the Billing transfers page, clicking the pencil icon , and then selecting Change invoice setup.
Each payments profile can have multiple payments accounts, or invoice setups, associated with it. You may want to have multiple setups so that you can manage billing and payments for multiple Google Ads accounts. For example, an agency can use multiple invoice setups to manage billing activity for each of their multiple clients. Customers on automatic and/or manual payments can see the invoice setup setting, but can't make changes to it. If customers want to make changes, they can fill the Contact Us form in the Google Ads Help Center.
To view or edit your payments profile and check details like your payments profile ID or account type, follow the steps below.
Keep in mind that what you can edit in your payments profile depends on your specific payments setting and your billing country.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the tool icon and under "Billing" choose Settings.
Find the "Payments profile" section where you can view details like your payments profile ID, account type, and other details.
To edit your payments profile, you can make changes to any field that has a pencil icon, then click Save.
Payments users are contacts associated with the payments profile that can have different access levels to the payments profile (for example, Admin, read-only, etc.). Some actions linked to your payments profile may be required by the payments admin.
Find the payments admins in your Google Ads account:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the tool icon , and under “Billing,” choose Settings.
- Find the "Payments users" section. Click Manage payments users to view your payments admins and other types of payments users.
Use your profile in any Google product
Your payments profile makes it easy to use your payment methods in other Google Ads accounts, or to pay for services in other Google products, like Cloud storage or Google Analytics. This also means that if you have already established a payments relationship in an existing Google Ads account or in another Google product, you can choose to use that profile without reentering all your information or creating a new profile for Google Ads.
It’s important to remember that when you edit profile details (such as payment methods) from within your Google Ads account, those changes will apply to other products that use the same profile. Visit the Google payments center for an overview of all products that would be impacted by an edit to a payments profile.