Large data discrepancies can sometimes arise between Google Ads reporting, other platforms or your internal reporting. These discrepancies can be caused by a variety of factors.
The following is a list of possible factors:
- Google Ads reporting conversions on the date of the ad impression, whereas many other reporting tools attribute them to the date of the conversion
- Your conversion tracking tag setup
- How long your customers take to convert
- Lookback windows
- Count settings
- Cross-device conversion reporting
- View-through conversion settings when Google Ads doesn’t include view-through conversions in the Conversions column by default
- Filtering of invalid conversions
Note: Google Ads only reports conversions if there are Google Ads interactions (e.g. clicks) from the same Google Ads account. If you use a tool other than Google Ads, it may be reporting conversions from all Google Ads clicks across your accounts, or attributing those conversions to other platforms.