All provider listings in the Local Services unit are displayed and ranked based on a number of factors. When determining which service providers to show in response to a user’s query, Google estimates the expected rate of customers contacting your business. Factors included in this calculation include:
- The context of the person’s search - When calculating ranking we look at the search terms the person has entered, the time of the search, and other user signals and attributes
- Your review score and the number of reviews you receive
- Your responsiveness to customer inquiries and requests
- Your proximity to potential customers' locations
- Your business hours
- Whether or not we’ve received serious or repeated complaints about your business
In addition to these ranking factors, Google will attempt to spread out the leads you receive over time. This is to prevent you from spending your entire budget early in the budget period. If your ad is generating leads more quickly than your budget can accommodate, you may see your ranking affected or your ad paused temporarily in order to more evenly spread out your leads.
Ready to be seen by more customers on Local Services?