Outstream ads help increase brand awareness by getting your videos in front of more people on sites and apps outside of YouTube. Outstream ads are mobile-only ads, so that people can tap to play your video ad or easily scroll past when reading the latest news or shopping for products. In this article, you'll learn how to set up an outstream campaign.
Before you begin
- If you're not familiar with this campaign type, learn more about outstream campaigns.
- A logo is required for outstream campaigns. Your logo should follow these guidelines:
- Format: JPG, GIF, or PNG
- Maximum file size: 200KB
- Recommended aspect ratio: 1:1 square (200 x 200 pixels), transparent background
Optimize your campaign as you create it
As you create your campaign, you may receive notifications based on your setting selections. These notifications may alert you of issues that can result in decreased performance or that may be significant enough to prevent you from publishing your campaign.
The campaign construction navigation menu that appears as you construct your campaign provides a holistic view of your construction progress and will call attention to notifications that you may want to address. Move between steps in the navigation menu to easily review and resolve potential issues with your targeting, bidding, budget, or other campaign settings. Learn more about features that help you create a successful campaign
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , then select New campaign.
- Choose the Brand awareness and reach goal.
- Choose the Video campaign type.
- Select the Outstream campaign subtype.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a name for your campaign.
- In the “Budget and dates” section, set your budget type and the start and end date for the campaign.
- For the budget type, select Daily (the average amount you’d like to spend each day) or Campaign total (the total budget you’d like to spend for the duration of the campaign) and enter the amount you’d like to spend.
- Select the languages and the locations you want your campaign to target.
- Choose your content exclusion settings to define where your campaign runs.
- (Optional) Click Additional settings to target specific devices, set a frequency cap, and set a schedule for the ad.
- Enter an ad group name.
- (Optional) Choose the demographics and audience types you want to reach.
- (Optional) Choose the keywords, topics, and placements where you want your ads to show.
- Enter your Viewable CPM bid.
- Click New video ad.
- Use the editor to create your ad.
- Your YouTube video: Search for a video you’ve uploaded or paste the video URL from YouTube.
- Headline: Enter a headline that promotes your product or service (up to 80 characters).
- Description: Enter a description of the product or service (up to 100 characters)
- Call-to-action: Enter a call-to-action that compels people to click on the ad (up to 15 characters).
- Logo: Enter a logo for the business represented in the ad.
- Final URL: Provide the final URL, which is the landing page people visit when they interact with your ad.
- (Optional) Click Ad URL options (advanced) to add a tracking template, final URL suffix, or custom parameters to the final URL.
- Enter a name for your ad.
- Click Create campaign.