To provide a comprehensive and consolidated view of your content targeting and make content targeting management and optimization simpler, you’ll see the following improvements in Google Ads:
All types of content targeting will be found under “Content” in the side navigation
- “Topics”, “Placements”, “Display and Video Keywords” and “Exclusions” for all types of content targeting are now categorized under the “Content” tab in the side navigation menu. For “Exclusions”, click the drop-down arrow to the right of the term “Exclusions” to select exclusions for topics, placements, or Display and Video keywords.
You can target topics of your choice to reach people interested in content related to your products and services. This article provides step-by-step instructions for setting up topic targeting.
For a general overview of this feature, read About topic targeting. You can use topic targeting in Display Network or Video campaigns.
To add topic targeting to an existing ad group, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- In the page menu on the left, click Content.
- Click Topics.
- Click the pencil icon .
- Click Select an ad group, then choose an ad group from the list that appears.
- Select the topics and subtopics you’d like to target.
- Click Save.
- When you target a top-level topic, you also target all the related subtopics. However, we recommend adding the subtopics to your list for bidding and reporting control.
- Adding all the subtopics isn't the same as adding the top-level topic. There are pages that won't be targeted if you add only the subtopics to your ad group. You can avoid this by adding the top-level topic.