The local competitive visits report and local competitive search terms report show you the advertising opportunities that you’ve missed on Google Ads. These reports help you connect with potential customers who may be interested in visiting your physical business locations.
The reports show you the number of search queries, clicks, and store visits that went to other advertisers because their ads showed for a relevant local search query while your ads didn’t. Using this information, you can optimize your budget, bidding, and keywords to capture some of those missed opportunities.
The local competitive visits report and local competitive search terms report are only available to eligible advertisers who meet our privacy thresholds.
- Use the local competitive search terms report to find search terms that drive competitive queries, clicks, and visits. Consider adding those search terms as keywords to increase the likelihood of driving customers to your store locations.
- Enable Smart Bidding for store visits in campaigns that use the new keywords.
- Make sure your campaign isn’t limited by its budget.
Set up a local competitive visits report
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the navigation panel on the left, click All campaigns.
- From the page menu on the left, click Locations.
- Click Local competitive visits report.
Set up a local competitive search terms report
- In Google Ads, click All campaigns.
- From the page menu on the left, click Keywords.
- Click Local competitive search terms.
Understanding your reports
The local competitive visits report and local competitive search terms report show you the following metrics:
|Metric name||Metric description|
|Search term||Only available in the local competitive search terms report. This shows the search terms people typed into a search on Google.|
|Local competitive queries||
This shows local search queries that are relevant to you. For these queries, you'll see the number of times other advertisers showed ads but you didn't show a competing ad.
|Local competitive clicks||On those queries where you didn't show a competing ad, you'll see the number of clicks on other advertisers' ads.|
|Local competitive visits||On those clicks where you didn’t show a competing ad, you'll see the number of user visits to other advertisers’ physical stores driven by those clicks.|