In 2018 the new Keyword Planner was launched in the Google Ads interface. Over time, we simplified the navigation and improved forecasting based on your feedback. The new planner is now feature complete, and we're deprecating the old Keyword Planner this week.
This new version now allows you to:
- Download trend data for individual keywords
- Use up to 10 seed terms at a time
- Get more granular competition ranking across keyword ideas
- Save keyword ideas to existing campaigns
- Get average daily budget suggestions in the plan overview
- Find the in-account status for uploaded keywords
- View forecasts for all languages
The layout of the new Keyword Planner makes it easier to navigate. As always, you can select which keyword ideas you want to add to your plan, select the match type, and then add them to your plan.
The plan overview gives an easily digestible report that you can use and share before implementing the new keywords into your account. Your plan overview changes based on: match types, locations, language, and search networks you selected for your plan.
Take advantage of the new features and familiarize yourself with the new Keyword Planner if you haven’t done so already.
Posted by Jane Kim, Product Manager, Google Ads