Lead form extensions help you generate leads by letting people submit their information in a form directly in your ad. In this article, you’ll learn about lead form extensions and how they can benefit your Google Ads campaigns.
- Generate leads to drive sales for your business, product, or service.
- Drive leads into your marketing funnel to help get more conversions.
- Find and engage people interested in your business, product, or service.
How it works
- You create a lead form extension in Google Ads and add it to a campaign. You can add lead form extensions to Search, Video, Discovery, and Display campaigns.
Lead form extensions for Video campaigns are currently in a beta. To get access, reach out to your Google representative.
- People in your audience visit a Google property (such as YouTube) and interact with the ad that contains the lead form extension. When people open the lead form, they can choose to submit their contact information, such as an email address, phone number, and other details.
- You download and manage your leads from Google Ads. You can download your leads in a CSV file or create a webhook integration to receive leads directly in your customer relationship management (CRM) system. You can only download leads submitted in the last 30 days. You can also automatically export up to 60 days’ worth of lead form data into your CRM using Google Ads API.
To use lead form extensions, make sure that you have:
- A good history of policy compliance.
- A Google Ads account in an eligible vertical or sub-vertical. Sensitive verticals or sub-verticals (for example, sexual content) aren't eligible for lead forms.
In addition, if you’re adding a lead form extension to a Video, Discovery, or Display campaign, or you're creating a Search campaign where the ad's headline directly opens to a lead form, you’ll need:
- More than $50,000 USD total spend in Google Ads. For advertisers whose accounts are managed in currencies other than USD, your spend amount will be converted to USD using the average monthly conversion rate for that currency.
What lead forms look like
Depending on the campaign type that you use, lead forms may look different. Expand a section below to compare how lead forms look in different campaign types.
Lead form extensions for Discovery ads show on Gmail and YouTube.
Lead forms are only eligible to serve in some countries. If your ad is served to an audience in a country that doesn’t allow lead forms, the audience won’t see the lead form.