Refining your App campaign audience targeting with audience exclusion lists lets you choose who shouldn't view your ads. Learn more About audience exclusion lists for App campaigns
Before you begin
- If you’re only optimizing for installs, the conversion source must be Firebase.
- If you’re optimizing for installs and in-app actions, the conversion source for installs must be Firebase or Google Play, and for in-app actions it must be Firebase.
To successfully exclude certain potential or current app users from your advertising audience base, you must follow all of the steps below.
- Link your campaign to your Firebase SDK account.
- Enable Firebase conversion tracking.
- Enable bidding on Firebase conversion actions.
- If you have a child account that's under a manager account, set up Firebase conversion tracking and enable bidding from your manager account.
- You must have an audience list that's eligible for exclusion. These include Google Play all-user audience lists and lists imported from Firebase or Google Analytics for Firebase (these must be based on Firebase events).
Make sure to complete all the steps detailed above while creating audience exclusion lists. If you haven’t, you’ll receive a prompt to meet the missing requirements.
- Sign into Google Ads.
- Select Audiences in the left-hand page menu.
- Click Exclusions under “Audiences”.
- Click Edit exclusions.
- Click Select a campaign.
- All campaigns eligible for audience exclusions will be filtered to the top.
- You can revert the list to all campaigns by clicking the “Eligibility” field and selecting All in the dropdown menu that appears.
- Choose the campaign for which you’re creating audience exclusions.
- Check the boxes beside all applicable audiences. Reference the note on eligible lists above.
- Click Save.